C Systems is committed to incorporating Agile consulting and development methodologies in our project management services. For example:
- We use an agile approach for system design/setup and key process development, returning to waterfall for training and go-live support.
- Stakeholders are engaged early and often—they will see regular progress and regular participation.
- During the review, phase requirements are collected and “stories” are created. These stories or “use cases” are prioritized and ordered to form the basis of the two-week sprint deliverables.
- Upon completion the use cases form user acceptance testing scenarios.
The benefits of this approach are:
- More collaboration with the stakeholders and end users
- Better solution architecture
- Faster results
- Better and more efficient supporting documentation
- Easier to control the change order management process
Our Project Management Process
- Project planning
- Multi-phased approach
- Project status reports
- Weekly team status calls
- Monthly governance meeting
- Project documentation maintained using a C Systems project toolkit using shared Google Docs
- Prevent email overload
Project Management Deliverables
For every project, we build, share, and maintain a project management toolkit within Google Docs. The toolkit includes the following documentation:
- Kickoff meeting
- Requirements and business process review
- Project milestones
- Project schedule and task listings
- Connection information (servers, RDC, etc.)
- Project status report (budget reconciliation, scope and change requests, biweekly or weekly)
- Issues and resolutions
- Budget and to-date hours—summary and details